View Single Post
Old November 14, 2012, 10:56 AM   #26
L_Killkenny

Some folks really really enjoy reloading. For me it's a necessary evil. I like working up loads and experimenting but siting down to reload a known load with known results sucks. I guess you could say I like handloading, hate reloading. There is a difference. As stated, quit while you are ahead if you can. Not always possible. There have been nights where I had to reload for the field or range due to being 100% out of ammo. Yes, I probably had time in the days before hand to break things up a little so I wasn't slaving over the bench reloading rounds start to finish. All it would take is a little forethought. But reloading is enough of a chore that I don't want to think about it for 4 nights if I can get the job done in one. Big advice is make sure your procedures are as close to 100% foolproof as possible. Namely, try to avoid issues with powders like double charges and squibs. In handguns I really like some loads I developed but some of them are dang easy to double charge. I'm really thinkin of ditching those loads and finding others with powders that eliminate the possibility.

Page generated in 0.02187 seconds with 8 queries