View Single Post
Old October 26, 2001, 12:14 PM   #2
El Rojo

How often does that happen?

The double charge is a valid concern of course. Everyone needs to pay close attention to what they are doing when loading. I find with rifles, it is nearly impossible to double charge and not know it. But the handgun rounds are a concern and that is why I really try to establish a routine that I don't deviate from. I always select a stage to stop loading and fidget with the primers or radio or whatever. I don't deviate from that.

I have a question though. How often do misfires occur from the powder not being in contact with the primer? I would think this happens very rarely if ever. You would probably have to be shooting straight down for such a thing to be slightly possible right? I know my main problem with rifle misfires has been that my powder measure nut came loose and I didn't discover that the powder did charge. That is very discouraging when you are shooting a national match course and you squeeze the trigger at 600 yards prone. Click! You eject and put another round in. Click! Pretty soon I am getting some good trigger control practice because most of my rounds are failing. Of course this is my own stupid fault.

My point, the double charge is a concern, I don't think the primer contacting the powder is a concern. Am I wrong?

Page generated in 0.03003 seconds with 8 queries