View Single Post
Old July 20, 2008, 11:43 AM   #15
shep854

Disclosure: I pocket-carry a PF9.

As has been said in various ways, each of us does what we are most comfortable/confident with. Each carry style has its own advantages and disadvantages.

My choice to carry in my trouser pocket are:
1) Year-round consistency. A cover garment is not necessary (here in Alabama heat, any extra clothing is simply more uncomfortable. The down side is that in winter, I will have to work around a coat.

2) Excellent concealment with good access. There is only a slight indefinite bulge, which could be any kind of pocket junk. No cover garment to clear for the draw. Unless you are/were professional military, hands in pockets is very comfortable.

3) Discreet. If a situation goes from Yellow to Orange, simply slipping one's hand into the pocket allows one to grip the gun, without appearing to "brandish" (a no-no in some jurisdictions). The fastest draw for ANY carry option is when you can start with gun in hand.

Many (most?) don't like pocket carry, for perfectly good reasons. As I said above, "comfort/confidence". Check them all out, and go with what works for you.

Page generated in 0.03493 seconds with 8 queries