View Single Post
Old December 23, 2008, 05:15 PM   #6
tatso7

Three years ago while bowhunting in Central Cali (Fort Hunter Ligget) me and my partner were stalking a group of of wild hogs in a watering hole. My partner took a shot at a 90 pounder but for some reason his arrow went wide and hit near the hogs butt. Then hell broke loss, hogs running in all direction. We ran to an elevated area as couples of huge hogs tried to charge at us. I was carrying an 1858 Remington with case hardened frame from Cabelas which I converted to 45 LC with Kirst cylinder that I loaded with Remington Express 45 colt. Midway USA website listed the ballistics of this ammo as 250 grains. 860 fps with 410 ft lbs of KE. Taking aim at one at about ten yards broadside below our elevated spot, first shot hit the hog in the kill zone and he hit the ground. He tried to get up as I follow up with two shots to the body and one to the head. The hog moved about 6 feet from his original position before he belly up. The processor weighted the hog at 204 lbs. He also recovered two fully expanded bullets.

Last edited by tatso7; December 23, 2008 at 05:25 PM.

Page generated in 0.03275 seconds with 8 queries