View Single Post
Old October 9, 2012, 03:58 PM   #11
drail

I have worked on S&Ws for so long I can tear one completely down in a couple of minutes. I do take my sweet time when putting it back together though. The most important thing to do after you blast one is to wash and blow ALL of that grit out. It gets into every tiny hole and crevice. I use hot water and 100 lb. compressed air (with goggles). You absolutely must get it all out or it will cause terrible wear inside the gun. Do it at least 3 times. If you want to know all of the ways of the S&W revolver get Jerry Kuhnhausen's shop manual. It ain't cheap but it will pay for itself 3 or 4 times over by saving you from making REALLY expensive mistakes. He shows you how to dis/reassemble it the correct way and the proper tools you must have. I have bookshelves filled with shop manuals and the Kuhnhausen books are the best I have seen to date. If you want to see some really nice custom revolver photos go to the 1911pro website and look at the revolver forum. There's some nice Geminis on there. My wife is still carrying one of the first SP 101s that Ruger introduced. Even with the factory action setup it was a great little snub. With a little work it turned into a very slick little gun. If you plan on doing a lot of DA work with a GP 100 or an SP 101 you absolutely have to smooth up the edges of the trigger. They feel like they came right off of a mill. You can cut stuff in half with the edges of their triggers. It will chew on your finger.

Last edited by drail; October 9, 2012 at 04:09 PM.

Page generated in 0.02144 seconds with 8 queries