View Single Post
Old December 28, 2013, 09:28 AM   #49
shortwave

Quote:
I stopped hunting in one state when the regs about where, when, and what you could hunt got so complex (in the name of game management, of course) that one needed high quality maps and good training in land navigation (pre GPS tech) just to stay within the regs. One could, literally be perfectly legal in one Game Management Unit, cross the next hill, and be a criminal. This, to me was a discouragement, and I don't think I was the only one. Also, I always had a feeling that it was intentionally done just for that result, but maybe that's just me
I stopped fishing a state for the same reason. From year to year the locale of legal fishing on rivers/streams changes so much it became more of a hassle to keep up with the regs then the trip was worth. I often felt it was a money game as the DNR fella's had a rep. for not cutting anyone a break. Especially if you were from out of state.

I truly wish Ohio would drop their minimum legal length of pistols from 5" to 4" to cover the 4.75" pistols as well. I have a few pistols in the popular 4"-5" lengths that I'd like to hunt with that I'm no less accurate with then my guns in the 5-6" range. But as always, I could be more accurate with all of them.

Last edited by shortwave; December 28, 2013 at 09:52 AM.

Page generated in 0.03636 seconds with 8 queries