View Single Post
Old December 9, 2008, 02:00 AM   #7
NavyLT

We can certainly agree that GA laws are extremely confusing and poorly written. I used to feel the same way about reading the law as you do, but a long time GA resident on another forum convinced me that there are severe limitations to carrying handguns by non eligible persons. He pointed me to the lawsuits that such organizations as georgiacarry.org and georgiapacking.org are filing and the whole basis of those lawsuits was the exception that we disagree upon.

If a person wants to take a chance on their interpretation of the law, that's up to them. I personally believe an 18 year old carrying a pistol in a simple, enclosed, plain black case, unloaded, wouldn't have any problems at all going to the range. But I think it should be pointed out that there are other interpretations of the law and lawsuits being filed over their interpretations.

Now, where I personally draw the line is when someone says, "Yeah, it's legal but you better not do that here because the cops will harass you!" Well, if everyone agrees it is legal, and the state law is very clear that it is legal, than, for me, who gives a rat's behind if the cops are going to be harassing...

So we can agree to disagree. I've heard both sides from GA residents regarding GA's laws.

Page generated in 0.02462 seconds with 8 queries