View Single Post
Old December 21, 1998, 11:54 PM   #5
Clay Whitehead

I guess I should have told you up front what I wanted for dream gun(s). I have simple tastes.

A nice handgun would be a Glock 19 with decent sights. They don't even have to be night sights. Heinie target sights work just fine. A good IWB holster with mag pouch and atleast a half dozen Glock high cap magazines for those long matches or Reactive Ted targets.

A 20 guage version of the Mossberg 590 with ghost ring sights and a Speed Feed stock would be nice for the occasional shotgun stage. My poor aged bones don't care for the recoil of the 12 guage.

I'll take a CAR-15 clone with the full length forend for the extra sight radius. A trigger job would help for control. I want one with the handle and an ACOG on the top so my tired eyes can see what is going on.

For a little variety a Scout rifle based on a Remington Model 600 with a fiberglas stock in .308 complete with sights and Scout Scope. We'll go a little more weight than the good Colonel's 6.5 pounds so I don't get pounded whilst shooting a few and running off.

This battery would keep me satisfied for at least a week and a half or until I start thinking about Cowboy Action Shooting. Hmm...

Page generated in 0.02802 seconds with 8 queries