View Single Post
Old July 21, 2008, 11:17 PM   #1
BirdieShooter

Scope Ring Sizes

The subject of scope ring sizes came up while I was turning a set of alignment bars (1"). My dad suggested we make a set for each available size ring. Of course anytime we have an excuse to build something we may never use and totally don't have time for anyway I went right along with the idea. The conversation started out simple enough with the obvious 1" and 30mm and then I suggested 3/4" for rimfires and such when he responded with well then what about 7/8"? Thats where it turned ugly with me replying "no such animal!" This of course ended up with me on Google and him swearing about computers, LOL. Now I have added 34mm (which I knew about, but forgot) 26mm (which I hate to admit I didn't) and some odd references to 42mm, but I couldn't clarify if that was actually a tube and ring size or not? I figured the next thing to do was put out an APB and see what showed up so if anyone can bring supportive evidence of the 7/8", 42mm or any other size that can be substantiated please do (and please cite references). I think I am going to build dear old dad the worlds first COMPLETE TITANIUM SCOPE ALIGNMENT AND LAPPING SET! Or not.

I'll wait until I know way more then I need to about it and then see how I excited I am about that much lathe time. If anyone has any info please do share, THANKS!

Page generated in 0.03017 seconds with 8 queries