View Single Post
Old July 28, 2005, 10:21 PM   #18
Double Naught Spy

Quote:
WHAT IF you made it so he endangered your life. Ex, he started the car and you walked in front of it pointing your barrel to his head DARING him to gas it.
Well, in regard to self preservation, what you are suggesting is just plain stupid. Intentionally forcing a situation to make it dangerous for you just does not make sense - not from a self preservation perspective or from a tactical perspective.

What is really troubling is that you are assuming that once you force the situation into a lethal confrontation where your life is endangered, that you will be victorious in the outcome. You are assuming that your gun will function properly throughout the conflict, that you will land shots on target, that the caliber used will produce the desired effect, and that in the process of dying, that the bad guy doesn't still manage to mash down on the gas and drive right over you.

There are too many stories where folks have guns that do not manage to function as needed at a critical time and even if they have the ability to clear the problem, they may not have the time to clear the problem fast enough to preclude the bad guy(s) from being able to take advantage of the malfunction and confront you as if you are virtually unarmed, save for the pistol-shaped rock in your hand.

Page generated in 0.01966 seconds with 8 queries