View Single Post
Old March 2, 2013, 07:18 PM   #1
TunnelRat

P239: I Screwed It Up

First off I'm beyond mad at myself.

Picked up a brand new SIG P239 today. I live in NH and not far from the SIG academy so I figured I would stop by, pick up a SRT trigger kit, and do it myself. I've done complete disassemblies on P220s and P226s so I figured no biggie.

I figure I got the SRT kit installed correctly. Get the pistol re-assembled though and something is obviously wrong. There is a secondary click before the sear is being released. In addition, if in SA if I apply rearward pressure and pull up to the break point the sear releases automatically, without me having to go passed the break point.

I disassembled and reassembled a number of times, no dice. So I figure I'll go back to the stock trigger kit. Get it reassembled and the sear release is okay. However, while the DA pull feels correct the SA pull is way too heavy. On a Lyman electronic pull gauge it is reading 7 lbs and just by feel I know it is too heavy. Edit: Nevermind, the seconday click is still there if I pull the trigger slowly.

Any idea what the heck I did and what I can do to fix it? Or is it time to put my huevos in a box and visit the local smith?

-TR
Maintain situational awareness

Last edited by TunnelRat; March 2, 2013 at 07:27 PM.

Page generated in 0.02619 seconds with 8 queries