View Single Post
Old January 16, 2010, 11:12 AM   #34
The Tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedburgh
great point...Because I spend most of my time showing folks how to shoot straight, I pre-suppose that the situation dictates lethal force.
One of the things we don't ponder enough is that owning a firearm also means "not to shoot it." There are numerous 'Shoot/Don't Shoot' training videos available to sworn LEOs to uncover this very concern.

Besides, this "when in doubt, kill" mindset...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanJ[/quote
To the Turist, I'm not sure where you are from, but here in NY if you kick in someone's door your going to be greeted with lead flying.
Like any free man, I choose for me, you choose for you. Is that the person you want to be? Is that the world you wish to build?

We should consider drawing a firearm the most serious and life changing choice we make, not a knee-jerk reaction. About +/-two weeks ago a few "professional" athletes pulled out pistols in a locker-room to impress and dramatize a point of discussion. My first inclination was that their mommies didn't love them enough.

Frankly, I don't need the kharma or the PTSD. My SD pistol is a last-ditch option. Truth be told, we both know what to do in that situation, and I do not wish to live under that dark cloud.

Page generated in 0.03321 seconds with 8 queries