View Single Post
Old May 19, 2009, 10:27 PM   #19
Trooper Tyree

Quote:
Let's see...

One's actions can have consequences.

That doesn't seem to be that difficult a concept to grasp. Everyone here but you so far seems to have gotten it.
I've got it and I'm pretty sure I'm made it clear I've got it.

What I don't get is the sweeping blanket approach going on here, you can take these approaches, but they aren't and will never be right.

He voted for Obama, he must be against guns and the second amendment.

He voted for Obama, he must be a democrat.

All democrats are for for gun control, we should boycott them all.

We must destroy everyone who does not have our same viewpoint.

Quote:
"The world does not revolve around gun rights for many if not most people. Surprise."

I don't see where anyone is claiming that.
Really? Because if it's true, then many people voted for Obama for reasons other than his gun views. If many people voted for reasons other than his gun policies, then why do we give a crap who voted for Obama?

You seem to be insinuating that if X voted for Obama, then X supports Obama's gun control. If that was the case, then X supports every single thing that Obama does, which is preposterous, because nobody supports every single thing that their chosen candidate does.

Quote:
What you're not seeing, not acknowledging, and apparently not comprehending is that this individual makes his living from the exercise of Second Amendment rights and on the backs of those who do take their gun rights very seriously.

It's pretty evident that you either can't, or don't want to, comprehend that not so subtle nuance.
So he should always vote Republican? You seem to be missing a not so subtle nuance yourself, this individual make his living from the exercise of Second Amendment rights and on the backs of those who do take their gun rights very seriously. So of course, his entire plan behind voting Obama was to instate gun control, do away with the 2nd amendment, and put himself out of business... He must have not thought that one through.

To get down to the bottom line though, saying he voted for Obama thus he is against us, is wrong. It's like saying, all blacks are for blacks, and all whites are for whites, thus all whites must boycott blacks and all blacks must boycott whites. This isn't a black and white world, it's mostly shades of gray. Seeking to cause someone harm simply because of the candidate he choose to vote for is wrong.

Page generated in 0.03771 seconds with 8 queries