View Single Post
Old July 16, 2011, 11:42 PM   #34
zxcvbob

Quote:
The last thing I want to happen on a flight is for the cabin to depressurize and the plane crash into the ground. If I'm gonna die on a plane because of terrorists I want to die fighting, not screaming as my plane hurtles to the ground.

There's a reason marshals use special rounds
The difference in pressure inside the plane and outside is *maybe* 10 psi. Probably less than that (it's 10 if the cabin is fully pressured as if at sea level and the airplane is flying at about 30000 ft) Ten psi drop across and opening the size of a bullet is not significant. You could plug it with a sheet of paper.

They use "special rounds" to reduce the risk to other passengers by overpenetration.
Quote:
Bad idea to have passengers armed to the teeth inside a plane. People are already in a bad enough mood when they get into a plane after going through TSA, and then having to sit in a crowded plane, crammed like cattle, with no leg room or personal space. Arming them would be a recipe for disaster.

How long before some idiot shot someone, and a firefight erupts? Would you really want 10-15 people in a firefight inside a narrow space crammed with 200+ passengers? I think not!
The "blood in the streets" argument? Is that the best you've got?

I would probably not wear a gun on an airplane. But it might be nice to be able to take one in my carry-on bag so I don't have to check it. (and if the class met the training requirement for renewing my license and it didn't cost too much, sure why not)

Page generated in 0.02974 seconds with 8 queries