View Single Post
Old July 16, 2011, 08:48 PM   #27
MLeake

I really should not (for ethical and legal reasons) go into much detail about security measures. However, I can say the doors have been reinforced against break-ins, and that airlines employ procedures about how and when the door may be opened in flight. It would take multiple errors for any unauthorized person to gain access.

Besides which, passengers have shown a very pro-active attitude. At least one mentally disturbed person has been killed when passengers detained him. Large, strong guy; people sat on him to contain him, and he apparently asphyxiated from their combined weight on his chest.

Note to families of mentally disturbed people: Accompany them, please, and be ready to control them. It amazes me that people allow their loved ones to travel on their own, when they know these loved ones tend to have episodes when under the stresses of air travel; it amazes me even further when they then blame airline and law enforcement personnel for injuries sustained by their loved ones, when they go off the deep end....

Note also that there has not been a successful breach of a US airliner's flight station since 9/11.

Last, when I was flying for an airline, I was quite prepared to use a crash axe on any head that might have managed to force its way in.

Page generated in 0.03471 seconds with 8 queries