Thread: link question
View Single Post
Old November 4, 2002, 10:13 PM   #6
TheBluesMan
Moderator Emeritus

Hi guns an planes,

With computers, a simple "one letter" mistake is all it takes to totally screw things up. Here's the correct link: http://www.gunboards.com/forums/Ultr...ID=1422946#D16

It looks like when you retyped it you left the 'r' out of "UltraBoard" (Ultaboard). Everything you typed is still there, our software just shortens it with the three periods to keep it within a normal sized column. My link looks the same as yours, but clicking it will actually take you to the thread you were referencing.

An easy way to copy links is to highlight the entire address with your cursor either by clicking and dragging, or by double-clicking it, then copy it to your clipboard, then paste it into your post on TFL or wherever you may be.

There are keyboard shortcuts for cut and paste (command-c) and (command-v) on a Mac, and (control-c) and (control-v) on a PC. You can also find these shortcuts under your "Edit" menu.

It's good to have you here, Don. Keep on trying. This computer thing will just get easier the more time you spend on it.

I've beeen using a compter now fr more than twenny yearz aand I neber make mistades.

-Dave
Tick-off Obama - Join the NRA Today - Save $10

Page generated in 0.03628 seconds with 8 queries