View Single Post
Old February 24, 2014, 09:54 PM   #143
barnbwt

Can't you just lift the slide catch with your thumb while pulling the slide back to check for tension? Yes, if the slide release was an internal design (like older Euro guns) this issue wouldn't raise its head unless during recoil recovery or if you racked the gun upside down.

If there's anything to complain about, it's that you have to wrap your hand around the slide while its under (low, but still significant) spring tension to slide the pin out; there's no manual safety hook to hold the slide for you during the maneuver like on a 1911 or Hi Power. That's a manual of arms 'deficiency' I can call legit; the gun not working because your function check sucks is not .

At least there's no way Jet Li will rip the slide off your gun when you draw down on him (he'll just feed you the gun, instead ). Which raises another point; I'd like to see just how much A) muzzle force, and B) distance is required to push the gun out of battery and disable it. Just like most recoil designs, muzzle contact can knock them out of battery and keep them from firing, but I'm curious how the combination of large slide face, light return spring, fixed barrel, and hesitation lock combine to affect reliability in such an unfortunate scenario. Taking up much of the slide's 'running start' with a .1" or so initial slide travel would probably not disable the trigger, but it would remove the source of momentum needed to cycle the gun (I guess that's better than it not firing at all, though )

TCB

Page generated in 0.03995 seconds with 8 queries