View Single Post
Old June 9, 2014, 11:15 AM   #8
mikld

Hundreds (of not thousands) of people got started reloading with a Lee Loader, I'm one. The Lee Loader will show what each step does and why it's done in a very simple, easy to learn manner. I made .38 Special rounds 2 boxes at a time using the Lee Loader with the dipper included, and shot 'em for several months before I got a press.

But the first purchase I recommend is a copy of The ABCs of Reloading. Read it and it'll give you an idea of what equipment is suited for your reloading needs. My second purchase was a scale and I started making my own "custom" dippers, and my inventory of equipment grew as I needed it.

30 years later I have 4 presses, mebbe 3 powder measures, 5 scales, digital and beam, and mebbe 12 die sets (once I dumped all my reloading equip. due to a messy, aka $$$, divorce), along with all the other tools needed (I was a lifelong machinist/mechanic so I had a lot of tools anyway and some good measuring tools). I'm not a fan of "kits" and I researched each tool before I purchased it and bought what I felt was the best for my needs, and not by what color the piece was nor the name on the side. I still use one of my 6 Lee Loaders when I don't feel like setting up my press or I just feel "retro". If the user is as careful with a Lee Loader as they would be with a regular press, the ammo produced will be as good as any...

Page generated in 0.03598 seconds with 8 queries