Thread: Deer Baiting
View Single Post
Old April 25, 2013, 04:11 PM   #36
Keg

Quote:
anyone that gets to wake up after dawn, drive right up to a feeder and sit in a tree stand and take their pick of the largest deer that comes in at their predetermined feeding times and getting to field dress their deer in a flat field before pulling the truck right up and loading it in is a big fat cheat as far as I'm concerned...
I've deer hunted all my life..using a corn feeder..and never experienced this....
I have been on a management lease since 92' and have applied those principles to my other hunting spots..even if there was more hunting pressure or less deer density....If a person is not worried about management and just wants to shoot any ole buck with horns..a corn feeder would probably achieve that....My experience is that most mature bucks are not interested in corn feeders....I had pics of one mature buck last season that were only after dark....I saw him one other time during the season and he was not interested in my feeder in the least....He was very wary and only interested in does....I try to get does to come to my feeder..in hopes that a mature buck in rut will show and give me a shot....I hunt heavy timber and the mature bucks feel safer in it....I have to walk thru a dense bottom with creeks and slews..but it is worth it to me(I have started riding a 4 wheeler to the edge of the treeline....when the injuns got horses they rode em..plus I'm older than I used to be..)....When acorns fall..they are not very interested in corn....Late season they are mainly interested in pasture feeding....

Page generated in 0.03747 seconds with 8 queries