View Single Post
Old April 12, 2013, 06:25 PM   #27
lcpiper

I'll throw something in to help people get a feel for how many people play violent video games, but that there is also a distinction in types of violent games.

Quote:
Just how big will the release of Grand Theft Auto IV be? Well, according to some sources, pre-sales may push the first week numbers of GTA IV above the six million copies mark. That would be around $400 million dollars in just five days.

Quote:
Publisher Electronic Arts sold more than 12 million copies of its soccer sim FIFA 13. Sales of the latest FIFA game and more than $100 million in digital revenue from the title.
Quote:
Black Ops 2 pre-orders have outsold the original Black Ops pre-order numbers at the rate of 3 to 1 within its first 24 hours of availability. This follows up the original Black Ops record setting numbers back in 2010 that still holds the record for most units sold at 13.7 million in the United States alone.
Now I guess if someone is going to play a violent game, perhaps putting yourself into the shoes of a Navy SEAL is better then those of a Psychotic murder of old ladies and prostitutes, but still. I'll let the numbers illustrate whatever it is they illustrate.

Page generated in 0.03565 seconds with 8 queries