View Single Post
Old February 6, 2011, 06:31 AM   #8
spacecoast

Quote:
Next time you go out to practice, I would like you to slow fire at 25.
Do not attempt 50 yds.
Thanks, that does sound like a great idea.

T. O'Heir -

I have done a trigger job (change of rebound spring, smoothing of parts) on my 14-1 and it has been judged "plenty smooth enough" by a revolver guru at the BE range who regularly shoots 800 or better with his Model 14 and a red dot sight. I believe the sights are in pretty good shape, I'm regularly holding everything on the repair sheet at 25 yards and distributing pretty evenly around the bullseye. I'm in pretty good shape, can run 5 miles or do 20 pushups without a rest, although I do need to lose 20 pounds.

An addendum - 2 of my 5 all-time high revolver slow fire rounds (72 and 75 ) were accomplished the first time I ever shot BE back in November using my 686 and 158 gr. LSWCs with relatively light but not specifically target loads. I had no idea what I was doing then, not having read anything about BE shooting. Since then, using my hand-loaded 148 gr. DEWCs (or Federal Target .22LR), my timed and rapid fire scores have steadily risen with both calibers, but with no improvement (or a decrease) in my slow fire scores.

Page generated in 0.02846 seconds with 8 queries