View Single Post
Old April 6, 2009, 01:38 PM   #6
BigJimP

I use the remington info for new shooter as well - it should help you a little.

One of the big things to me - is stance. Feet shoulder width apart / on station 3 if you drew a line accross my toes it would go right thru the center of the trap house. ( I'm right handed ) on station 4, I move my right foot back about 2" / on station 5 another 2". As I go to station 1 ( I move my back foot about 4" ahead of left / then 2" less on station 2 - and I'm back to straight at station 3.

But there are lots of issues / eyesight, etc like others advised.

I would start keeping a log / by station and by round. Weather and wind that day / sunny, cloudy, etc / color of lens you were wearing on shooting glasses - then chart the misses ( hard left at station 1 ), straight away on station 3 etc ..... / look at it at the end of a week / again at end of 2nd week ---- see if there is a trend.

If you're right handed - and missing hard right targets - you might be pushing gun away from your face, your hold point may be off, maybe hold point is too hgh ....... but that's the problem - there are too many variables. Lots of good DVD's out there too on Trap Shooting.

Page generated in 0.02257 seconds with 8 queries