View Single Post
Old March 29, 2009, 08:58 AM   #9
Shane Tuttle
Staff

Quote:
Any and all ammo. I was thinking of replacing the firingpin with a edbrown steel and a ed brown extrapower spring for starters and then going outwardly from there... Id call them, but it will only boil down to them saying bring it in, and pay us to fix it. I want to do it my self, so i can learn my pistol and others like it better.
From observing your post, I don't think you know Springfield's quality of customer service. I highly recommend calling them and explaining your problem. It appears from the posts that it's the gun. Before doing ANY modifcations or part replacements, I'd call them. If they suspect it's the gun, they'll pay shipping BOTH ways and repair it for no charge. If you go with a local gunsmith to repair and the problem returns, the likelyhood that Springfield will repair it on their dime won't be to your advantage. IMHO, it's a big mistake to do otherwise if you've ruled out easy fixes such as cleaning the firing pin/channne, etc. Springfield will make things right without you opening up your checkbook.

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting

Page generated in 0.03503 seconds with 8 queries