View Single Post
Old January 6, 2005, 08:36 PM   #1
Georgian

Need some good advice......

Hey yall. I gonna try and get a shotgun this summer for plinking, HD, and various other odds and ends, maybe hunting, dunno yet, but I dont want one. I like the Winchester Defender and 870 HD shotguns alot, and my choice will probably be btw. those two. I only have one problem though. I have never shot a 12ga. before, but have handled an 870 Express (my brother has one). It was ok, I guess, but I really dont anything to compare it to. I have only fired a 20ga. and a .410. I feel comfortable with the 20, as I am comfortable with the recoil out of my H&R Topper Mod. 58. I also have around 175 rounds of 20ga. The thing is that I'm 6'2" and around 295, and think that everyone would look down on my for choosing a 20ga., even if I might shoot it better than a 12ga. I have recently noticed that some choice ppl are putting down the 20, but even more are defending it. I just dont know what to do. I have seen some articles on 12ga. recoil that has it registering at 40-50 foot pounds of recoil. I'm sure some on here will count me as a wimp , but thats ok. I would just like some honest, good advice as to what to choose. Thanks for all replies, God Bless!

God Bless

Page generated in 0.03047 seconds with 8 queries