View Single Post
Old February 28, 2013, 10:37 AM   #44
dajowi

This is what I just sent the 20 sponsors/co-sponsors, (i.e. morons) of H.B. 3200.

Good Morning,

Can you explain to me how House Bill 3200 doesn't violate Article IV of the Bill of Rights? Let me refresh your memory.

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."

Would you freely allow access to your home for inspections by law enforcement or others for any reason?
Would you freely allow the confiscation of your private property?

If your answer is yes you are violating your oath of office to uphold the Constitution.

"I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion, and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter so help me god."

I find this bill not only extraordinary in it's scope but it sets a dangerous precedent. No sane man can proclaim that this and other current legislation isn't about making firearms possession as onerous and restrictive as possible. That the inherent intent of these laws is to register and confiscate private property is without question. This legislation is outrageous in the extreme.

"As the patriots of 1776 did to the support of the Declaration of Independence, so to the support of the Constitution and laws let every American pledge his life, his property, and his sacred honor. Let every man remember that to violate the law is to trample on the blood of his father, and to tear the charter of his own and his children's liberty..." --- Abraham Lincoln

I await your response.

Cordially,

Page generated in 0.03752 seconds with 8 queries