View Single Post
Old November 1, 2010, 09:30 AM   #10
MTT TL

Quote:
You sound like an optimist. Criminals are criminals because they don't want to work hard for what they have.
I am an optimist and disagree a bit. I believe that criminals are criminals for all kinds of reasons. For example they might lack an ethical moral center or be raised in a culture that mandates violence and criminal activity for success. Strangely what has been shown is that all kinds of people without a strong moral center are willing to commit a crime for a small reward if they think that they can get away with it, so many are criminals of opportunity.

What I have noticed is that criminal activity is less in areas where people have better education and opportunities, this is indisputable. It seems to follow that there are at least some environmental causes. Feel free to disagree, it does not hurt my feelings any.

Quote:
I hate to sound brash about it, but the best cure for this disease is often a good dose of lead poisoning, administered through a gun.
That sounds on the verge of bloodthirsty. Bloodthirsty for criminals that is. I am more interested in looking for better, less violent solutions.

Page generated in 0.02283 seconds with 8 queries