View Single Post
Old May 1, 2014, 02:25 AM   #55
NavyVet1959

If you really look at it, the Lee Pro 1000 kits are not that bad of a deal.

They are currently $178 at Midway and include dies and powder measure.

$178 -- price of kit for .45ACP
-32 -- cost of Lee 3-die set
----
$146

Now, to setup a removable toolhead for a different caliber for a Dillon, it would cost you:

$ 46 -- Dillon caliber conversion kit
23 -- Toolhead
77 -- Dillon powder measure
----
$146

Interestingly the same price, but the Lee includes a case feeder whereas the Dillon does not even have one available for the 550.

Personally, I prefer the Dillon powder measure to the Lee AutoDisk. Probably because I prefer things made from metal instead of plastic.

But just from a cost standpoint, it appears that you could buy a complete caliber specific Lee system for the cost of just getting the new caliber specific parts for a Dillon. Well, if you can get by with just a 3-hole press... I have a 4-hole press and all of them are used. I could definitely use a 5th position sometimes, but I'm not willing to spend the money on a Dillon of that size.
When you fill out your income tax forms at the end of the year, look and see how much money you have given the government throughout the year. Then, take a moment to ponder -- has the government done $X worth of stuff FOR you or TO you this year? I tend to believe the latter...
https://sites.google.com/site/navyvet1959

Page generated in 0.03626 seconds with 8 queries