View Single Post
Old September 14, 2011, 11:37 AM   #30
hermannr

In Washington state, a non-immigrant alien can carry without a license if it is for sporting purposes or hunting...but you have to be here legally (visa and passport, and have a hunting license when hunting) Special provisions for Canadian Citizens. (I live 11 miles from the Canadian Border)

As a Non-immigrant alien you can also obtan a license that is good for up to two years, again, you have to be here legally.

A immigrent (green card) alien has a different license to carry, that may take up to 60 days to obtain (they check the country you came from) but other than that, you are treated the same as everyone else.

You can open carry without a license, or you can conceal with one.

Why carry a gun? In my case 95% for 4 legged preditors (bears and cougars) and 5% for two legged preditors. The Sheriff is a minimum of 30 minutes away, we have to be able to fend for ourselves. We also have a range on our property, we live in the mountains. I open carry almost exclusively. The holster is usually covered by my coat in winter, so I do have a concealed permit for when it is covered.

Last edited by hermannr; September 14, 2011 at 11:42 AM.

Page generated in 0.03298 seconds with 8 queries