View Single Post
Old May 5, 2009, 01:22 PM   #91
OuTcAsT

Quote:
Quote:
why did he not shoot the fleeing driver, no witnesses at all?

I'm not sure what prompted that question. Maybe the guy realized the fleeing driver did not constitute a threat; maybe he reasonably understood that a lack of witnesses would not help at all in the presence of incriminating forensic evidence. The former seems more likely to me.
I can tell you what prompted the question, it was the statement in a previous post;

Quote:
Shooting at a car just makes you feel better.
And;

Quote:
This guy just got to tell the only version of the events (It was comin straight for me!). The car thief fled the scene and his accomplice is dead. Now when the thief says, "Run him over? No way, we were trying to get away!" who will believe him?
I think that the poster implied that the farmer only shot to "feel good" and that somehow in the milliseconds it took for this shooting to occur, the farmer calculated that if he let the driver escape he would, somehow be free of the charges for shooting the passenger as no one would believe the drivers' story. If I am wrong I am sure the poster will correct me.

Does not morality imply the last clear chance? - WildAlaska -

Page generated in 0.03642 seconds with 8 queries