View Single Post
Old August 2, 2012, 09:48 PM   #4
jason41987

my end goal is to eventually convert the rifle into 6.8mm SPC, which my AR15 will also be so i wont have to purchase multiple calibers for my intermediate power rifles... would a '74 be better for this than a '47? if so, i would just buy a bulgarian '74 kit, keep it 5.45 for now, and wait until the surplus sources dry up before switching it to a different caliber

i really like the ballistics of the 6.8 over that of the 7.62x39 and 5.56mm, so it would be nice if both rifles were chambered in this... i could have a barrel manufacturer make me a 6.8mm barrel, and either machine out a 5.45 or 5.56mm AK bolt, or just have a machine shop make me one i design myself...

but.. i do want to go stamped, i know people love their milled AKs, but for what an AK is designed to do im not sure its worth the extra cost to me, with the AR15 being my first choice if i had to choose a rifle... besides, an extra thick stamped receiver is easily replacable should something break on it.. or the metal gets dented.. just pop the old rivets out and rivet on a new one

Page generated in 0.03461 seconds with 8 queries