View Single Post
Old September 14, 2011, 11:54 AM   #7
snuffy

To add to the original topic, I once did an experiment doing exactly what was proposed, well almost exactly.

I had a 45 colt Ruger blackhawk. I also had a bunch of 250 grain Hornady hollow points. The HP was quite shallow, but chucking them in the lathe allowed me to drill them deeper. The plan was to use a BP #11 PERCUSSION cap to be the igniter. I used a drill that made for a tight fit for the percussion cap. Then I filled the cavity under the cap with 30-06 blank powder.

They worked, BUT they had to be fired at something hard. I never tried them in soft material, or hunted with them, clearly illegal anywhere. Fired into firewood end grain, there was a wift of smoke drifting out of the bullet hole. Splitting the firewood at the hole revealed the bullet had penetrated about 4 inches, and was pretty well disintegrated. Fired against the concrete backstop for the 600 pits, they made a nice pop and puff of smoke.

They're going to get their butts kicked over there this election. How come people can't spell and use words correctly?

Page generated in 0.02318 seconds with 8 queries