View Single Post
Old April 4, 2013, 10:35 AM   #28
RBid

The misunderstanding with "accuracy" is usually people confusing ease of accuracy with mechanical accuracy. They'll produce better groups with say, a Para GI Expert 1911 than a Glock 19, and say "it's more accurate". Most of the time, "it" isn't more accurate. "It" just has a very short and light trigger pull, which takes a bit of trigger control failure out of the equation, as well as a longer sight radius, which helps negate aim discipline issues.

Consequently, that Glock looks "more accurate" to a new shooter if you take out the pretravel and use a 3.5 pound connector. Make those adjustments on a Glock 34, and it will make an average shooter look like a lot better.

Personally, I'm lazy with sight discipline. My PoA shifts between rounds fired. I'm typically pie-plate accurate, in 20 round groups at 50 feet, with about half of my rounds landing inside an iPhone. That's with a Glock or Ruger SR. Give me a fiber optic front post, and 3.5 pound trigger, and I will look like a stud. Those don't accurize the pistol, but they sure make up for my deficiencies. The FO sights help with my horrible attention span, and the trigger makes it like cheating. I have even put 3 consecutive rounds dead-center on the bull at 40 feet with an XDs with a Springer Precision trigger job.

Glock vs 1911 is comparable to recurve bow vs compound bow with a red dot. Either one sends the arrow in a straight line, but one takes "the indian" out of the equation a bit.

Page generated in 0.03191 seconds with 8 queries