View Single Post
Old April 7, 2009, 12:02 AM   #7
COYOTE JLR

I am really glad to see this thread. I agree with the O.P. I don't really fit into a black and white category. I have friends and family on both sides and I get so much crap from all of them.

My republican friends say that I'm a long haired hippie adding to the degeneration of society and its morals. And my liberal friends say that I'm a long haired, redneck beast, hell bent on destroying nature, and gunning down a gay bar.

And ya know what? They're all wrong. I voted for Obama because I thought that out of the choices we were presented with he was the lesser of two evils. I have never felt truly represented though. Not by any means. And no. I don't regret voting for him. I'm a patient person and will wait to pass judgment. We are in a crisis that is spinning beyond anyone's control. Getting things back into a semblance of order will take years. I will never claim to know the proper way to fix things. There are many men out there more intelligent than I am, who have spent their lives studying economics and those buggers can't agree on a damn thing. What am I going to do? I voted for what to me made sense and what I thought was more morally acceptable. Compromises had to be made, but that's life.

I'm very glad to find that there are other people on this forum who don't fit in either.

Page generated in 0.02613 seconds with 8 queries