Thread: Critical Mass
View Single Post
Old March 23, 2010, 11:22 PM   #12
Dr. Strangelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy reali
Why is it that some hunters have to be openly critical, if not hostile, to other hunters? If a person shoots and kills any of God's creatures, for whatever reason, doesn't that person become hypercritical if they demean any other hunter of any creature for whatever reason. In fact, even if a complete nonhunter is a meat eater or leather wearer, should they not complain about those of us that do hunt?

There are some Americans that want all hunters stopped. When we fight amongst ourselves, are we not helping their cause?
I choose to only hunt or fish for animals that I wish to use for food. I don't particularly care what anyone else chooses to do, if it's not a species I care to fish for or hunt, but is legal, then have at it. I may not go along with you if invited, but have a blast and do it safely.

The only issue I have is people posting videos or pictures that provide ammunition to the anti-hunting crowd. I enjoy a good prairie dog blowing up video as much as the next guy, but do we really need to be posting this stuff? Same goes for the deer/elk/whatever pictures with gore everywhere and the rifle leaned up on the animal, usually pointing right at the hunter's head.

I'm not against posting trophy pictures, just think a little bit and maybe try not to look like some sort of bloodthirsty pirate.

The number of hunters is steadily declining, and our future depends on us being looked at as responsible, ethical people, not a bunch blood-crazy fools.

Page generated in 0.02561 seconds with 8 queries