View Single Post
Old April 22, 2012, 02:10 PM   #10
gunsmokeTPF

Please, let's not get overly petty regarding the date of the incident as compared to the date of the disposition. This is just unimportant opinion, period. I think what he did was technically a violation of Alaskin Law and he certainly must abide by their decision, which he toatally complied with.

A violation of the law doesn't make you a criminal in the same sense as raping, robbing, or assaulting someone. That is a criminal act and the individual who committs that is in fact a criminal. Associating Nugent with those who committ those acts is totally unfair on your part. He's part time LE, with a class III license to possess full auto weapons and owns many examples. He's also licensed to carry concealed. As of yet I haven't heard anything about changes in his current status to possess these weapons. I envy what he does for charity.

In Alaska you can only take one animal on your license. He wounded a bear, which I assume got away. It's common in deer hunting all the time as well. It's unfortunate for the animal, but it still happens to the best of us, including myself. The one that got away from me was gotten a little ways down by my friend with a slug. A short time later I took another. Maybe I was wrong as well, but that was 25 years ago. Now that's old news.

Nugent on another hunt took a bear and Alaska felt it was his second. I disagree, but I could be wrong. That's not being a criminal. Do you believe he's ever done anything right, or maybe he's just a big screw up? You're entitled to your opinion. We're all entitled to our opinions and I'm always interested in knowing how others feel.

Page generated in 0.02580 seconds with 8 queries