View Single Post
Old April 7, 2009, 07:34 PM   #37
Al Norris
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by peetzakilla
I'd suggest getting this one onto firearms, one way or another.....

or at least something besides gay marriage.
How many times must we inform folks that firearms are not the be-all and end-all of topics in this sub-forum?

And while homosexuality, in general, is a forbidden topic, the topic of gay marriage and government law (in the sense of Federal law), is on topic, generally, with the comments made by the OP.

Besides, they aren't even the main thrust of this thread. They are merely an incidental topic. Which brings me to...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanCarlos
I don't think this thread is long for this world anyway, peetza. It's largely off-topic to begin with, and bound to remain so.
How So?

Not all topics must be civil rights related. Many can and should be related to Law.

Pendennis, in post #26, quoted from the OP. I differ from his opinion about any civil rights relationship, as I see it as a relationship between what the Feds do and are doing and what the Constitution is supposed to restrict them from doing.

Oh Pendennis? What we call the Second Amendment, was originally the fourth Article of amendment proposed to the States as a Bill of Rights (the 1st Article has yet to be ratified and the 2nd Article was finally ratified and became our 27th amendment).

This has loosely been what a few members have posted about since the thread opened. Liberal or Conservative, you ignore at your peril that the Constitution was designed to limit Federal authority.

That to me, has been the actual and main topic of this thread. Nevertheless, my finger has been poised over the "Lock Thread" button, since it opened.

Page generated in 0.02732 seconds with 8 queries