View Single Post
Old April 7, 2009, 03:14 PM   #33
JuanCarlos

Quote:
Quote:
Would you say the same for schools? Because I can easily replace "health care" with "education" in your statement.
Yes, without a doubt. Education should be a local issue and not a federal issue. Federal involvement takes liberty away form the Sovereign States and the People. It is not supported by the Constitution.

You have used a tactic many try because they don't understand our federated system. Those issues not otherwise enumerated reside with the States and People. Some states will want to have the best school system and others may decide to have something less. That is the right of each state. The electorate of each state gets to elect its leaders and determine their levels. A state that believes in providing a world-class school system for its citizens should not be forced to pay for the underfunding of another state. When states realize they loose business and revenue to states with better schools, they will change their system to compete.
Of course. Well, except for those states that economically can't.

I guess I just have a different definition of individual rights, at least in the context it was being used. Again, if my state can do it, and if all fifty states can do it, I don't see it as an infringement on my individual rights. For instance, no state can violate the Constitutional rights that have been incorporated. And I'd like to see a couple more (like the second amendment) fall under that umbrella.

The fact that your issue is with the federal government doing it, and not that it's being done to begin with, is why I say it's a separation of powers issue and not really much of a civil rights issue. Because every state, every last state, takes money from those that have more and gives it in some way or another to those that have less. But it's okay, because the state is doing it.

Quote:
They seem to have no concept that the money is actually TAKEN from other people.
I pay taxes. In a couple short months I'll be paying even more (welcome to the top quintile!). Are there people who pay more than me? Sure. But I'll still be paying more in taxes than most.

Page generated in 0.02533 seconds with 8 queries