View Single Post
Old June 26, 2012, 01:44 PM   #8
Technosavant

Quote:
Personally the DDs seem to have better fit and finish. I saw a batch of Colts 6920s that had burrs on all of the triggers.
Everybody can have issues once in a while. I built a rifle using a DD LPK, and the fire control group had issues. It ended up as a release trigger- it would fire when you pulled the trigger, but the trigger wouldn't catch the hammer from the disconnector when you released the trigger.* Some part swapping showed it to be an issue when that particular trigger was mated to that particular hammer... they worked fine when put with others (the hammer was fine with another trigger and vice versa). DD swapped the entire fire control group without a problem (I wasn't sure exactly where the issue lay, or even if it was just funky tolerance stacking, but I wanted a known good complete FCG in that thing), so they took care of things, but even Daniel Defense can do an oopsie.

But yeah, be it for parts or complete rifles I'd put DD right up there with Colt and everybody else.

*Note: all this was discovered when doing the usual round of function checks. This is why you do function checks... so you don't get nasty surprises when you shoot it with live ammo.

Last edited by Technosavant; June 26, 2012 at 07:03 PM.

Page generated in 0.02681 seconds with 8 queries