View Single Post
Old March 17, 2009, 04:35 PM   #1
ClemBert

Black Powder Magazine

I was bored so I made a loading center to hold my powder, balls, and caps on shooting days. I took an old wood box and made an area to hold an old Remington tin from which you can scoop powder from when loading your BP revolver. There's a place to hold the lead balls and the caps. Here's how it turned out.

I guess it isn't really a Black Powder Magazine per se as I don't store the powder in it after the shootin' in done. I put the leftover powder back in it's original container. Also, as you can see I'm currently using Hodgdon 777 not real BP. You could pour directly from the 777 canister into your powder measure but I always overfill it and overflow powder goes to the ground. So now the plan is to scoop what I need into the powder measure while holding the powder measure above the Remington tin to catch spillage.

Was wondering what most of y'all do for holding your BP components. I know some of you use a brass flask with built-in measure. Mental note: Don't forget to close that box before pulling the trigger on your revolver!

Last edited by ClemBert; March 17, 2009 at 04:51 PM.

Page generated in 0.03370 seconds with 8 queries