View Single Post
Old December 1, 2009, 05:07 PM   #1
HisSoldier

FFL only required to recieve firearm.

This has come up many times since I got back into shooting. One store told me to stop using them for transfers because they were afraid of receiving firearms that didn't have a signed FFL with the shipment. I asked my gunsmith, he said yep, you have to have an FFL to send a gun across state lines. My pastor said no, it's even posted in Gun Broker that only the receiving address must have an FFL. From the Gun Broker website;

"You do not have to be a licensed dealer to sell a firearm. By Federal law, the person to whom you ship the gun must be a licensed dealer. If the buyer is not a licensed dealer, the buyer must make arrangements with a licensed dealer in his state to receive the firearm and transfer it to the buyer. We have very in-depth information on shipping firearms legally on our Firearm Shipping Guide page. Never, under any circumstances, ship a firearm without following the steps on the Firearm Shipping Guide page! Shipping illegally is a felony and will earn you a one-way ticket to prison."

So, I ask a Fedex driver, he says he buys guns all the time through GB, and he says both ends have to have an FFL. I'm pretty sure that's wrong.

So, then, if I take the gun to FEDEX and send it overnight, I have to state the contents as a gun right?

But what if they don't know the law and think I have to have an FFL to ship? Any advice? Thanks, I have to ship a gun this afternoon or tomorrow and don't want to get dinged again when I sell it. Buy the gun, Kaching! to the gunsmith, sell the gun Kaching again, plus paying the overnight. Makes me want to get out of shooting.

Thanks for any advice.
CNC produced 416 stainless triggers to replace the plastic triggers on Colt Mustangs, Mustang Plus II's, MK IV Government .380's and Sig P238's and P938's. Plus Colt Mustang hardened 416 guide rods, and Llama .32 and .380 recoil spring buttons, checkered nicely and blued.

Page generated in 0.02522 seconds with 8 queries