View Single Post
Old August 7, 2012, 08:43 AM   #1
Botswana

Handgun shooting low and to the left

I'm almost entirely convinced this is me.

I've taken my Baby Eagle/Jericho in .45 to the range 3 times now. The first range trip was the first time I've been to a range in over 15 years. I noticed my shots were going low and to the left fairly consistently. I've never been the best handgunner, but my first concern was maybe I had a lemon. Still, not many rounds fired through it. This is 15 yards by the way.

Second range trip, still low and to the left but halfway through something changed and suddenly I'm hitting consistently in the bulls-eye or at least near it at 15 yards. However, I also brought a friend's Browning BDM in 9mm. Not as pronounced but also shooting low and to the left. My son, on the other hand, is all over the place with the BDM. So likely not the firearm.

Here's where it gets interesting. Third and final trip to the range. Low and to the left at 15 yards. I cannot recreate whatever I did on the second range trip. I find myself aiming high and right to hit the bullseye, but that is not what I did before. I tried it at 25 yards, still low and to the left, but almost to the same degree. I watched my son, he is shooting low but center. I'm fairly certain it is not the gun at this point.

Also, on the third range trip was my first time out with the Ruger 10/22. Consistent bullseye at 15 and 25 yards, with slightly high shots at 50 yards. My accuracy is fine even with my declining vision. It's got to be technique. I don't expect to hit the bullseye at 15 yards with a handgun, I've never been that good. I should be hitting right around the center with no problems though.

Any ideas?

Page generated in 0.02426 seconds with 8 queries