View Single Post
Old August 30, 2007, 07:31 PM   #4
TWB

Took the Gunsite 250 a couple of years ago, and will definitely take it again, then move up to the more advanced classes. I have taken pistol classes from two other "world class" instructors, one of which was very good+ and I'd have to say Gunsite was the best of the three. It was the most expensive, but was longer duration, and worth more than every penny I spent. You're constantly improving, and you can see it. At the time I took it, I had extreme need of self defense skills, and GS made good on their promise to increase confidence and skill. They took a load off me, and I still appreciate it. The staff goes out of their way to make it easy on you to participate. They are really nice folks to deal with. The instructors are nice folks, but no BS. There is no wasted time, and they are efficient and skillful.

Front Site has been plagued by scandals and many apparent episodes of fraud. The owner has connections to the "Church" of Scientology, and apparently, there may be other business connections to that group. Unfortunately, the tales are so many, and some are so bizarre, that it has become impossible to tell truth from fiction. In any event, IMO, I wouldn't chance my hard earned cash to a chiropractor with the reputation and legal problems that Ig Piazza has developed. Good training is too easy to acquire without venturing into the questionable or possibly fraudulent.

He does have some vehement defenders, and quite a number of folks reporting his training is excellent. As in everything, let the buyer beware.
(why do I feel that I've just entered into the equivalent of a "Taurus is crap" discussion?)
twb

Last edited by TWB; August 30, 2007 at 07:35 PM. Reason: corrected a typing error

Page generated in 0.03873 seconds with 8 queries