View Single Post
Old March 11, 2006, 06:53 PM   #10
Research

Anthony,

Your story reminded me of my brother's wife. She was also very anti-gun, to the Sarah Brady degree. She didn't like the idea of him keeping a gun in the house for any reason, even protection. That is, until she woke him up one night because there were very suspicious noises outside. Then she didn't mind the presence of a gun so much.

She still wasn't hip to the whole "shooting is fun" idea. My brother invited her out to the local trap range a few times with no luck. When the topic came up one day she asked, "So when are you going to take ME to the range?" Twenty-seven seconds later they were backing out of the driveway with a 20-gauge side-by-side, ear plugs and glasses, a bunch of ammo, and a double range fee. I wasn't there but it sounds like he was very encouraging. She thought it was OK to shoot at the clay pigeons, but when she broke one she loved it. I think she hit five on her first time. Now, this is her first time shooting anything, with any gun, ever. They've been back and she's improved her scores. For a while I think it was almost a regular weekly thing.

She has now divested herself of the VPC thinking and has even accepted her own handgun, a gift from her husband. How's that for a happy ending?

Page generated in 0.03983 seconds with 8 queries