View Single Post
Old April 3, 2005, 10:40 AM   #4
Ozzieman

Some things to look for

I agree with "highteckredneck" only I find that Federal last the longest.
Some things to look for.
1. over all demension of the case. If your getting large ammouts of strech then they might need triming. Keep your casses in the same groups if possible, and keep track of number of times fired.
2 I also load a lot of 44 mag, When I am loading for the Contender and I do load HOT, they are one time and only one time loads then I crush the open end and throw away.
For the normal mag loads I look for the tail tale sighn about 1/4 the way up the case. The Brass will look slightly crystlized, once you see it you will recognize it. Its a sighn that the case's life is at an end.
3 Neck condition. Any thing, nick, crease, anything that could be the start of a crack it gets crushed and disguarded.
4 Dont over expand your cases, this is one of the things that will shorten there life. Expand just enough to allow the bullet to enter, no more.
Out side of those things there is not a life span for a case.
I have 44 mag Federal cases that have been loaded more than 10 times.
THere not full house loads, but they werent 44 specials ether. So to answer your question, as long as they dont show the above sighns, they have no limited life span.

Page generated in 0.02815 seconds with 8 queries