Thread: 223 brass
View Single Post
Old September 23, 2006, 10:02 PM   #18
Buckythebrewer

Steveinak,,I would guess your in safe limits but having the measuring tools can guarantee it and also possibly make you brass last longer by working it less every time you resize it.My rcbs precision shoulder comparitor mic lets me know how much the shoulder is displaced and also were I wan't to set my dies to bump it back..It is well worth it IMO because I know what is going on ,and I can size it to help eliminate the possibility of head case seperation from excessively resized brass..I hit inside 6" With little effort @ 625yards and I believe knowing what my brass is doing helps me make that possible..I believe reloading bottle neck cartridges in semi-auto's should include the tools to check shoulder displacement to keep things safe.A very good competition shooter warned me of shoulder displacement and said I need to get the tools to keep an EYE on it.HE said the rcbs tool is O.K. and the sinclair tool is the best.He possibly saved my life by explaining the dangers of neck sizing only and me needing the tools to keep shoulder displacement in check.I listened well and am very glad I use the tool now.

Page generated in 0.05154 seconds with 8 queries