View Single Post
Old July 25, 2010, 02:45 PM   #35
Tennessee Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgcoastie
No, I wont. I am covered 100%. I am insured by TriCare & the U.S. Government, I don't really have to worry about healthcare, at least for the foreseeable future.
I too am covered by Tricare (retired) and you should know that they will DEFINITELY sue someone who negligently injures you. I know this from personal experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by usaign
Life isnt fair my friend. Sometimes you are left holding the bag on certain things, but you just have to suck it up.
Which is exactly what I would tell the shooter who injured me as I sued him/her.

Look, if you are going to shoot another even in justifiable self defense and you injure an innocent third party then you are financially responsible for their injuries. That is our system and our way. If you cannot deal with that reality then you should not carry a gun.

Massad Ayoob published a story about a guy who was robbed (I think a photography shop?) and was shot then followed the guy outside and shot him while he was carjacking a lady and accidentally shot the lady. She sued and I have no problem with it. The guy was lucky to have gotten off since the thief was running away from him but I think he killed the guy.

If somebody (good guy or not) shot my wife or son in the act of defending themselves from another person I would sue them. They would have to suck it up. Not my family.

Page generated in 0.02367 seconds with 8 queries