Thread: IDPA people
View Single Post
Old May 19, 2010, 02:47 PM   #29
9mm1033

I started competition shooting because I heard many stories of how friendly each game sport is to new shooters. I tried USPSA first and found it to be a warm friendly match venue. However, I did notice immediately that many shooters gathered in a pool or stayed together on a specific squad. They were normally fast/accurate shooters and didn't appear to be approachable for novice questions. They wore the competition shirts, patches and had the fancy expensive gear.

The following year I tried IDPA. It seemed more like a bunch of white collar guys coming out on a day off to have a fun day shooting guns. Competitive yes, but no SO competitive, if that makes sense. As a result, I've chosen to stick to IDPA in my area. But lets be real, ones competitive juices flow from ones personality and the group they are with. Maybe the location of the range could be a make or break decision for a shooter as well. I will say I never saw any negative comments about other shooters in either sport.

Page generated in 0.02393 seconds with 8 queries