View Single Post
Old February 21, 2000, 10:24 AM   #14
Hueco

Weegee, you may indeed get that 375 before me -- it will be at least a month before I get the appropriate fundage together. Do I hear....RACE?

Huntschool, Good advice for the proper mounting of the rifle to handle recoil properly. Luckily, my shotgunning experience will come in handy here. The way you described mounting the rifle is how I mount the shotgun. Thanks for all your help in this thread!!

With the level of enthusiasm for big-bore shooting, could I suggest a special forum be created just for it? Maybe even have a dichotomy going and set it up to be .22's and big-bores. Eh, just a thought.

Thank you all for your help. One mor equestion that I have is on sound levels. To the average person, how much louder is the 375 H&H than say the .223 out of a mini-14? While it would be kind of fun to go to the range and scare the pants off the fella on the other end of the range every time I fired...I don't know how everyone would appreciate it, if ya know what I mean. i believe the biggest I have ever heard there was a 45-70. There might have been a 300 win mag one day too. Most of the guys are shooting 30'06, .22, or 9mm. I want to have fun, but at the same time I do not want to be an annoyance with such I high level of sound.

Hueco

Page generated in 0.03552 seconds with 8 queries