View Single Post
Old April 15, 1999, 12:03 AM   #11
Jeff Thomas

Mal H, I have the Pro Ears ProSlim LE as well. Bought 'em at a gun show for a decent price (although they are still quite an 'investment'), based upon a lot of the discussion I saw on TFL. Figured it was worth it to get the right 'tool' for the job.

You can definitely use them with plugs. I was at an indoor range the other day, wearing them (without plugs) while firing .357 Mag. No problem. All of a sudden I damn near jump out of my skin when the blast and the pressure wave from the next lane hit me! Asked the guy what size artillery he was using, and it was a .44 Mag. So, I retired to the foyer, doffed the Pro Ears, inserted plugs, put the Pro Ears back on, and went back to my lane. Problem solved.

You lose a little of the low volume sound, but not much. And, since you can independently turn the volume up on the right and left ears, that feature helps you recover some of the sounds you lost with the plugs.

I plan to get my wife a pair too so we can enjoy the range together, talk normally, etc. (I wonder if they will help my wife talk normally ?? )

[This message has been edited by Jeff Thomas (edited April 15, 1999).]

Page generated in 0.02086 seconds with 8 queries