View Single Post
Old March 18, 2012, 10:45 AM   #7
cryogenic419

The dimple issue is easily fixed as some have already mentioned. On mine I used a dime and a small dab of silicone caulking...works like a champ and is holding up just fine.

The primer feed system getting jammed up has happened to me once or twice when I was first learning to use the machine and figuring out all its little quirks. Its easily remedied with a can of compressed air or pick up a small cheap paintbrush from Walmart so you can brush away powder spills before they become an issue.

The LNL really is a great machine, yes it has a few minor quirks but what progressive press doesn't? Once you know how to fix them/tweak the machine it cranks out great ammo.

The biggest issue I have had was when the shellplate would index sometimes cases did not want to line up right for resizing. The bigger calibers had no issues, it was when I went to smaller calibers that the problem seemed to show itself. I am guessing there was just a hair more wiggle room with the bigger sizes. Adjusted the pawls VERY slowly and finally got it where it needed to be and it has been flawless since then.

There is actually a REALLY good post on here about adjusting the pawls.

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=368171

Page generated in 0.03314 seconds with 8 queries